Healthcare can often be confusing and overwhelming. At SIHF Healthcare, our team is dedicated to assisting our patients in understanding their healthcare and encouraging them to live a life where their health is put first. We offer educational information and resources to help patients better manage their healthcare, taking full control of medical issues, appointments and medications.
Tips on Managing Your Healthcare:
With the craziness of everyday life, many people are guilty of pushing their healthcare needs to the side due to their busy schedules. Your health should always be your greatest priority, and SIHF Healthcare providers have listed a few tips for patients to better manage their healthcare in spite of their busy schedules:
- Know your plan. Familiarize yourself with your family’s health insurance plan. Your provider is available to answer your questions, provide you with a summary of benefits and other coverage information. Understanding your plan will allow you to take control of your healthcare, and will help you feel more comfortable seeking the medical care you need.
- Stay organized. Keep track of your appointments to ensure that you are not forgetting your routine check-up. Review your prescriptions, and be sure that you are taking the correct dosage for the duration your doctor prescribed. Taking medications longer than prescribed can be both expensive and an extreme hazard to your health.
- Take advantage of every visit. Whether it is an annual check-up or a sickness visit, make the most out of every visit with your healthcare provider by asking any questions you have regarding your health. Your doctor is there to educate you on ways you can lead a healthy lifestyle.
Questions to Ask Your Provider:
Quality healthcare is built on a foundation of good communication. Asking your SIHF Healthcare provider questions and providing them with as much information about your past and current medical issues can significantly improve our team’s abilities to care for you. Our doctors, physicians, and medical staff are committed to providing you with the utmost care through open communication. Communicating directly your provider creates a relationship of trust and promotes a better understanding and better results.
One of the best ways to communicate with your healthcare team is by simply asking questions, such as:
- What might my symptoms mean?
- What online resources can I trust for reliable medical information?
- How did this medical issue happen?
- What can I do to prevent this medical issue from happening again?
- What should I do if my symptoms do not quit or they begin to worsen?
- Why am I taking this medication? What does it do? What symptoms should I expect from taking this medication? Will this medicine interact with medicines that I am currently taking?
- When should I come to see you again?
At SIHF Healthcare, we encourage all of our patients to ask any question regarding their health at any time, whether it is before, during or after their appointment. If you have a question about your healthcare, please contact your healthcare center
How to Keep Track of Your Healthcare Needs/Medications:
The complexity of today’s healthcare system means patients need to take an active role in managing their healthcare needs and medications now more than ever before. Keeping track of your healthcare needs and prescriptions can be the gateway to a healthier, happier life:
Manage Your Medications
- Tell your provider about all medicines you take (including vitamins, herbal supplements, and over-the-counter drugs).
- Inform your provider of any allergies you may have.
- Ask what the medicine does, possible side effects, and interactions between drugs.
- Contact your provider if you experience any negative side effects.
- Read your prescription labels. Make sure they’re what your provider ordered and that you’re taking them correctly.
- Be alert to any changes in your prescriptions.
Openly Discuss Your Hospital Care with Your Provider
- If you need inpatient hospital care, talk with your provider about your options.
- Ask about the level of experience the hospital has in treating your condition.
- Speak with your provider about what might be best for you.
- Ask about follow-up care before you leave the center/hospital.
- Be sure you’re clear on all follow-up care instructions.
Follow-up with Your Provider About Test Results
- Ask the provider or nurse when and how you will get test results.
- Do not assume that no news is good news when you have a test or procedure.
- Contact your provider if you do not get results when expected.
Take charge of your health and build a long-term relationship with a dedicated provider at your local SIHF Healthcare center.